Our womens empowerment program consists of a number of partnerships with local community led programs. There is a number of initiatives you can be involved in, these all focus on skills building for women, and giving them the encouragement, support and confidence to start their own businesses.
There is a number of initiatives you can be involved in, and we encourage volunteers to brainstorm and bring new ideas to the table also. The womens programs we work with teach skills such as shampoo making, chalk making, charcoal briquettes, tailoring, hair dressing and computer skills. We work with them to provide support in these areas, new ways for production and distribution, and helping them build confidence in their own abilities and english. We have been working with an organisation to provide education once a week to the girls there on se, health prevention, womens rights, confidence and self esteem.
- Empower women with skills to sustain themselves
- Provide education in a variety of areas
- Enable women to have economic independence
- Skills building
- Dance and games
- Administration and fundraising
- Teaching English
OUTCOMES SO FAR
- Education in areas of HIV, sexual health and reproduction
- Business support to women
- New training initiatives and networking